What you must know!! How much does is cost?
Will the Department of Justice (DOJ) refund on-line poker player accounts from the funds seized in relation to Full Tilt Poker? If so, when?
Very likely YES! The Department of Justice (DOJ) will probably issue its requirements and guidelines for making claims to seized on-line Full Tilt Poker accounts in the first half of 2012.
Will it be challenging to recover on-line Full Tilt Poker accounts from the Department of Justice?
Resolving recovery issues with the Department of Justice is almost never easy. The DOJ has a duty to American Taxpayers in the administration of civil and criminal laws. As such, to recover funds from the DOJ, on-line poker players will almost certainly be required to prove the following:
- Aggregate Deposits & Withdrawals
- Amount Claimed on Hand
- Compliance with federal tax laws (this is a big issue)
- Source of funds for all deposits
Why Segal, Cohen & Landis LLP is the right choice to get a maximum recovery.
- We are a tax law firm that has represented professional gamblers for 20 years
- We have the forensic accounting skills to achieve necessary proof levels for the DOJ
- We will work on a contingency. If we do not collect your funds, you do not pay us!
- Senior Partner Samuel Landis is a law school professor and instructs law students on these very issues
- Joe Purcell (a former Assistant District Attorney and “of counsel” to Segal, Cohen & Landis LLP) is deeply experienced in professional poker issues and gaming culture
When should I get started and what are the next steps that need to be taken?
- Get started now. Resolving unpaid and unfiled tax returns could take a few months. Now is the time to begin the process so as to prevent any delays in recovery.
- An adequate forensic accounting also may require a few months to complete.
Contact Samuel Landis at Segal, Cohen & Landis LLP or Joe Purcell directly at 702-205-2468 for any additional questions or information.
Practice Good Poker Habits
Download Free Poker Contracts from
Segal, Cohen & Landis
GETTING RESULTS on Your Full Tilt Poker Refund Case!